Saturday, August 18, 2007

Japan was really cool.

I left from Busan on a hydrofoil boat that moved almost as fast (maybe 3/4 the speed) of the bullet train.

After the three hour trip, I arrived in Fukuoka and walked around. Actually I was running as fast as I could to get to my hostel before 9:00pm when reception closes. I had a hard time figuring out where I was since the streets in Japan are hardly if ever marked. I have no idea how the people there get around when they go to a place they arn't familiar with.

The hostel was pretty nice and I scored a single bed, which I would later give up for 12, then 24 mixed bunked dorms later on my trip. The third hostel I stayed in was terrible too. It was so bad I was surprised when I actually had hot water when I took a shower in the morning (and we were limited to one shower pass per stay, so I had to choose wisely).

I found tons of cool arcades in Fukuoka though. They were AWESOME! They had everything and Konami was a major player so there were lots of trademark games like Devil May Cry Arcade shoots and the like. That place was so awesome. And it was on the top floor of a mega tech mart, so the whole place was full on all this new tech (cams tvs movies dj equipment, etc.) It was awesome.

To get to Kyoto I had to dish out some huge cash to get there by train (bullet train). So I get into Kyoto and I'm off to find the hostel I booked. It's soooo hot during the day that I'm starting to get dizzy and just had to quit walking after a while. Of course, not being able to read the street signs just made everything harder.

I'll have to continue later, I'm really thirsty.

No comments: